– Adorn You
PRIVACY AND DATA PROTECTION POLICY
Last Updated: January, 2021
Through Our website, We provide You with opportunities to purchase jewellery promoting a lifestyle of positive thinking and declaration (the “Service(s)”).
– What Information Do You Collect from Me?
– How is My Information Used?
– How is My Information Stored and Protected?
– What Information is Collected Through Technology and by Third-Parties?
– How Long Will You Keep My Information?
– Do You Share My Personally Identifiable Information with Anyone?
– What are Your Legal Grounds for Processing My Personal Information?
-What are My Rights to My Information?
BY USING THE ADORN YOU WEBSITE, YOU SIGNIFY YOUR AGREEMENT TO THIS POLICY. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE, YOU SHOULD NOT USE THIS SITE.
2. What Information Do You Collect From Me?
We collect information that may personally identify You when You voluntarily:
– access this site from your computer or mobile device,
– place an order,
– register an account accessible on this site,
– upload an image or comment on a website or one of our social media posts,
– sign up for our newsletter or subscribe to any other services that we offer,
– fill out any forms on the Adorn You website,
– browse our website,
– enter a competition, promotion or giveaway,
– correspond with us, in any way including by phone, email or chat facility such as direct message on Instagram/Facebook.
– respond to a survey or communication such as e-mail, or
– engage with another site feature.
You can always choose not to provide information; however, this may prevent You from making a purchase or taking advantage of Adorn you site features such as Your Account settings.
When You access Our site from Your device to access and use Our Services, We may receive information about Your location and Your computer or mobile device (either a “device”), including a unique identifier for Your device. We may use this information to provide You with location-based services, such as advertising, search results, and other personalised content.
Most mobile devices allow You to turn off location services. Please contact Your mobile service carrier or device manufacturer to learn how to disable location services for Your particular device.
You may choose to create or access a personal account on Our website or, which may require that You disclose certain personally identifiable information for identification, including a unique email address and demographic information (including, for example, postal code).
Billing and Credit Card Information
In addition, Our services consist of, generally, jewellery retail and wholesale services. In order to enable payment by You to fulfil Your orders, We collect: name, address, phone/mobile number, email address, payment information, and any other information you may make available to us. This information will only be shared with third parties who facilitate completion of the purchase transaction, such as by fulfilling orders and processing debit/credit card payments (for example, PayPal).
We will not disclose Your billing and/or debit/credit card information with other third parties unless required by law or a court order, or unless disclosure is required to address an issue implicated by the financial transaction. For instance, if You claim that Your billing and/or debit/credit card information was used to make a purchase You did not authorise, details about the transaction may be disclosed to law enforcement and any party We deem necessary to address the matter.
Gift Recipient Information
We may also collect information about gift recipients, including name, delivery address, phone number, and other information, so that we may be may be able to fulfil any purchases made on their behalf. We do not use information We collect about gift recipients for marketing purposes.
Changes to Personally Identifiable Information
To change any personally identifiable information that You have shared with us, please access the “My Account” section of Our website. You may also contact Us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. How is My Information Used?
The information We collect is used for a variety of purposes, such as:
– to enable Your use of Our Services, such as enabling You to make purchases of jewellery We have listed for sale by processing Your transactions;
– to allow Us to handle Your orders, deliver products and process Your payments and refunds;
– to keep You updated about Your orders;
– to keep a record of when and why You contact Us and to keep Your contact details up-to-date;
– to perform statistical, demographic and marketing analysis of users of Our Services to improve Our relationship with Our customers by personalising Your site experience where possible, allowing Us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which You may be most interested;
– to prevent or detect fraud or abuses of Our website. Also to enable third parties to carry out logistical or other functions on Our behalf;
– to improve Our service to You in responding to any of Your customer service requests; – to notify You of products or special offers that may be of interest to You;
– for product development purposes and to generally inform advertisers about the nature of Our subscriber base to improve Our relationship with Our customers;
– to customise Your experience by allowing advertising to be targeted to the users for whom such advertising is most pertinent; and
– to administer competitions, promotions, surveys, and/or other site features.
We may contact You via email, Instagram/Facebook, telephone, text, paper mail, or other delivery method regarding the status and/or delivery of any products that You may have purchased through Our site.
Users of the website who register an account or engage with other site features, will be given a choice as to whether they would like to be included on Our e-mail list and receive e-mail newsletters from us.
If You have opted-in to receive e-mail newsletters from Us, You may periodically receive communications including links to and information regarding sales, promotions, competitions, and other information that We believe You may find interesting.
If You have not opted-in to receive e-mail newsletters from us, You will not receive these e-mails.
How to Opt-Out of E-mailing List
If You would no longer like to receive e-mail newsletters from us, You can unsubscribe by selecting the unsubscribe link located at the bottom of any of Our promotional emails, or by modifying Your preferences in the “My Account” section of Our website.
4. How is My Information Stored and Protected?
We implement a variety of security measures in an effort to reasonably maintain the safety of Your personal information. Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and who are required to keep the information confidential. When You place orders or access Your personal information, We offer the use of a secure server. All sensitive/credit information You supply is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into Our databases to be only accessed as stated above.
While We attempt to protect the information in our possession, no security system is perfect and We cannot promise that information about You will remain secure in all circumstances, including the security of Your data during transmission to Us or the security of Your data on a computer or mobile device.
We are committed to alerting You and taking protective measures when a breach is discovered.
5. What Information is Collected Through Technology and by Third-Parties?
During Your visit, as You browse through and interact with Our site and place orders, We automatically collect and store the following non-personal, or anonymous, information about Your visit:
– the date and time You access Our site;
– the pages You visit on Our site;
– if You navigate to Our site by clicking a link, the location of that link.
We use this information, in the aggregate, to make Our website more useful to visitors — to learn about the number of visitors to Our site and the types of technology used, to detect operational problems, and to improve the website’s overall security.
Cookies, Beacons, Local Storage and Other Similar Technologies
Cookies are unique identifiers that We may transfer to Your device to allow Us or a third-party to recognise You and make Your next visit to Our site easier.
We may transmit non-personally identifiable website usage information to third-parties in order to show You advertising for Adorn You when You visit other sites.
You may choose to have Your device warn You each time a cookie is being sent, or You may even choose to disable cookies through device settings. Each device is a little different, though, so please contact Your mobile service carrier or device manufacturer to learn how to disable or modify cookies for Your particular device.
Do note that if You’ve chosen to disable or delete cookies on Your device, some of the functionality of Our site may be lost. Some of Our features may not display properly, and others, particularly those that require a login and password, may not be used when You have disabled cookies.
6. How Long Will You Keep My Information?
We store information until it is no longer necessary to provide Our Services and Products, or until Your account is deleted, whichever comes first.
The amount of time that the information is necessary to Us is determined on a case-by-case basis depending on factors like the nature of the data, why it is collected and processed, and relevant legal or operational retention needs. For example, if You search for something on Our site, you can access and delete that query from within Your search history at any time, but the log of that may be deleted after about 6 months.
7. Do You Share My Personally Identifiable Information with Anyone?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties Your personally identifiable information unless We provide You with advance notice, except as described below. The term “outside parties” does not include www.adornyou.co.uk. It also does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist Us in operating Our website, conducting Our business, or servicing You, so long as those parties agree to keep Your information confidential. We may also release Your information when We believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce Our site policies, or protect Ours or others’ rights, property, or safety.
We may also include links to third party websites on Our site in an attempt to provide You with increased value. These linked websites, as the case may be, have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, We seek to protect the integrity of Our site and welcome any feedback about these linked sites (including whether a specific link works).
Disclosure by Necessity
We may occasionally access, preserve, and/or disclose personal information as required by law, for example, to comply with a court order or subpoena or We have a good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
(1) comply with the law or with legal processes;
(2) protect and defend Our rights and property;
(3) protect against misuse or unauthorised use of Our Services; or
(4) protect the personal safety or property of Our users or the public (among other things, this means that if You provide false information or attempt to pose as someone else, information about You may be disclosed as part of any investigation into Your actions).
As We continue to develop Our business, We or Our affiliates may sell or buy other businesses or entities, or We may merge with another company, or be bought by another company. In such transactions, personal information may be among the transferred assets.
Your information may be stored and processed in any country in which We maintain facilities or conduct operations. By using Our Website, Your personal information may be transferred outside of Your country of use and/or residence.
When Your account becomes inactive, Your information may remain in Our computers, electronic databases, and archives, and may not be reasonably capable of expungement.
8. What are Your Legal Grounds for Processing My Personal Information?
We rely on the following legal bases to use Your personal data:
– Where it is needed to provide You with Our products or services, such as for fulfilling orders and communicating with You about such orders,
– With Your consent, such as for fulfilling orders and for providing You with direct marketing communications, and
– Where it is in Our legitimate interests to do so, such as to comply with legal obligations.
9. What are My Rights to My Information/Data?
You have a number of rights under data protection legislation which, in certain circumstances, You may be able to exercise in relation to the personal information We process about You. These include:
– the right to access a copy of Your personal information;
– the right to correct or change Your personal information;
– the right to restrict Our use of Your personal information;
– the right of erasure;
– the right of data portability; and
– the right to object to Our use of Your personal information.
Where We rely on consent as the legal basis on which We process Your personal information, You may also withdraw that consent at any time.
Please note that We will need to verify Your identity before We can fulfil any of Your rights under data protection law. This helps Us to protect the personal information belonging to Our customer against fraudulent requests.
Adorn You does not sell products for purchase by children. We may however, sell children’s products for purchase by adults. If You are under 18, You may use the Adorn You site only with the involvement of a parent or guardian. We do not knowingly collect or store any personal information about children under the age of 14.
Questions and Feedback
We welcome Your questions, comments, and concerns about privacy. Please feel free to send any comments and/or concerns regarding this policy to email@example.com.